Friday, October 24, 2008

McCain Volunteer Lied? I'm Shocked!

You didn't ask me, but I'm not really surprised to learn that McCain volunteer Ashley Todd lied about being attacked by a big, scary, Black man in Pittsburgh.

The story seemed preposterous from the time it originally surfaced on Drudge.

Nor am I surprised that Ms Todd is from Texas - where learning dirty politics are part of Republican birthing rituals.

This is race baiting at it's most evil. The "story" of a young White woman attacked by a big, scary, Black man has roots as far back as slavery. Maybe they don't teach that subject to students in College Station, Texas. Or maybe they teach different versions of this country's tortured history of race relations.

In what will be the first and only time I agree with a Fox News executive, I believe John Moody, a Pittsburgh native, is correct when he said:
"if the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting."
I hope Moody is right and I hope Ashley Todd rots in jail or in hell, whichever destination comes first.