Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Top 10 Pre & Post Debate Comments

You didn't ask me, but I have a few pre and post debate comments.

1. Sarah Palin should immediately be incarcerated for active and knowing practice of "incitement to violence." Her endless, inaccurate and misinformed accusations against Obama have resulted in rally attendees shouting "terrorist" and "kill him." Nothing like this has ever been seen in American politics. It's more reminiscent of 1930's Germany.

2. Short of the above, Sarah Palin's handlers must stop her from wearing black suits and black knee-high boots which make me think of 1930's Germany.

3. Last night's debate was boring, bad TV, often-times incomprehensible, and absolutely irrelevant to the myriad problems facing Americans.

4. What the hell is an "undecided" voter at this stage of the game? Are they people who simply have no belief or value system? It's mind-boggling to me that 80 self-described undecided voters could be located, even if it was Tennessee.

5. Brokaw was worst then Ifill - hands down winner of worst moderator ever. And the format was stilted and robotic. I am fairly well convinced that those people in the audience were androids, not real people. You could tell by the way they asked their questions, and by the way that they never smiled or spoke or moved in their seats. They were also uncommonly erect in their chairs.. Were they also hermetically sealed behind glass? I couldn't tell on my screen.

6. Both candidates must not have been briefed on the Financial Collapse since neither saw any necessity to alter their already unworkable campaign promises in light of that reality - or, for that matter actually explain what the hell they would do about it if they were President. I mean, can any of you go into work and explain to your co-workers what your candidate's economic plan is? Really?

7. Insta-polling, dial groups, quizzing my dogs, asking my neighbors, etc has revealed that nothing has changed in light of those masterful debate performances.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. (Hit forehead with heal of hand while intoning those words)

8. If SNL really gets the real Sarah Palin to come on the show I renounce my membership in the SNL Admiration Society. And further, if Tina Fey joins her, I will boycott "30 Rock."

9. To Sarah Palin I say:

Go now, Don't look back we've drawn the line, move on, Its no good to go back in time, I'll never find another girl like you, for happy endings it takes two, with fire and ice, a dream won't come true.
(Chorus)
Sarah, Sarah
storms are brewing in your eyes,
Sarah, Sarah
no time is a good time for goodbyes

10. My advice for the rest of us - shop, or take a vacation.